Sunday, May 8, 2011

Día de las Madres

Dominic posing with Mother Julian.


Cleanser heart on kitchen counter.

Happy Mother's Day!


There was much complaining this morning when I told the boys that I wanted to go on a hike for Mother's Day.


No!!! They screamed. "Let's go to Legoland!!"


It went on for so long that I decided I couldn't deal and went by myself.


Mike took the boys to Legoland, teaching them a valuable lesson about screaming.


It truly is an effective form of communication.


I walked 9 miles from Reading to Shiplake and back along the Thames Path.


The Thames Path follows England's best known river for 184 miles (294km) as it meanders from its source in the Cotswolds through several rural counties and on through the bustle of the City of London. (http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/thamespath/index.asp)

Oh Shiplake College you sure are a good school!
Oh Shiplake College you sure are a peach boom boom wacky wacky!

It was glorious.

Houseboat.







Houseboat and stuff.


Swimmers!






Sonning Lock




Roots.

Happy Mother's Day! I am forever grateful to life for the children I have been given to love and raise. Our lives would be so neat and orderly and boring without our babies to tear apart our couches (Michael and Dominic), to march in parades dressed in chicken costumes (William), to pretend to play violin at school recitals (Anna), to fill our house with the wailing of electric guitars, to have drunk friends spend the night, to snort when she laughs, to paint and paint and paint, and on and on and on.

May I be worthy of such goodness.

God bless all of my mama loves today! You inspire me with your love and creativity, your sense of humor, justice, kindness, courage, patience, and tender loving care. Shannon, Sarah, Barb, Susana, Cecy, Elena, Tina, Silvia, Maricruz, Silvia Maria, Elisa, Rainy, Karlin, Kara, Denise, Lisa, Adriana, Carmen, Teresa, Amy, Ann-Eve, Robin, Felicia, Jenny, Kariman, Etsuko, Alison, Katie, Andrea, Melina and on and on.

Thank you to my mother who taught me to be bold even when I am scared. Thank you to Babette for bringing Mike Spacone to life. Thank you to Silvia for teaching me strength. Thank you Donna for connecting our love fest. Thank you to Mrs. Nenni, Mrs. Sorrell, Mrs. Eggar, Mrs. Papanikolas, Mrs. Aros and Mrs. Goddard for helping to mother me when I needed it.

Amen Alleluia

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day you beautiful Mama! Screaming, whining kids are a bit of a pill on Mother's Day, but seems to be the rule. It rocks their world to need to do something do this incredible woman who is always doing for them! It takes a few years for these babies to be able to do that for even just one day. I'm dragging my kids out ona hike now. Hopefully, I will not be wishing to have taken your route in about 30 minutes!! xoxoxoxox Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is far richer, greatly enhanced and more beautiful because of you. You are a shining example of love, sweet love and a beacon for courage, and strength. Happy Mother's Day Anne...with much love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love
    Happy Mother's Day to You. We have only met in person once but your words and actions are touching my life. Much love
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete