Monday, November 8, 2010

El Túnel - THE END!

THE END

It is now Thursday night, time to pack up our stuff and get ready to leave in the morning. We need to leave the cottage clean so we can save the 40€ cleaning fee. Six nights flew by.

Wait, six nights? Why only six nights?

I know, it confuses me too. How can a week rental be only six nights? If you have six nights, then you have seven days and that makes a week...hmmmm....so confusing.

My husband figured it out.

"Anne!! The rental is for seven nights! Not six!!"

So we have another day??!

What a dumbshit. I blame my mother for my dyslexic brain...


Back to the beach! It is nippy outside, but mostly sunny.


Dominic frolicked like a happy bunny, kicking up his legs and dancing all over the beach.



















The boys wanted to get in again, so Mike ran back to the cottage for their swim suits.

Meanwhile, the clouds started to roll in.

And it started raining.

This is for Jim!!!

55 degree water

How much warmer does the water feel
with shoes and your coat?








So, we got to do five things on my list:
  • Nantes, with the home of Anne of Brittany.
  • Go to the beach, although getting in the ocean was not a plan.
  • Mont St. Michel.
  • Eat crepes and stinky cheese.
  • Experience Breton food...
I really wanted to see the dolmen and rock formations. There are many extraordinary megalithic sites in Brittany, and although I'm disappointed, we live 1/2 hour from Stonehenge.

Thanks for sharing our adventures, from the craptastic days to the thrills, both planned and unexpected.


2 comments:

  1. Your boys are tough! It looks to cold to swim, but the Chateau in the background is sure beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely agree with you. Too cold to swim. I am looking into open water swimming here, lake and/or river. I found a group called the Outdoor Swimming Society, http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/ that looks promising. But for now, brrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete