Wednesday, September 21, 2011

London Zoo



A few weeks ago I took the boys to the London Zoo. We caught the train at Wokingham. It took about an hour and a half, changing trains in Richmond.


Dominic devised a way to make his hands do Spock's live long and prosper greeting.


It was momentous.



Two tips regarding the London Zoo.


Buy your tickets online! The line to buy tickets is very long, a good time to eat your lunch. I had no food and my boys stared uncomfortably at our queue neighbors feasting. If you have your tickets ready to go, there is another entrance.


Tip #2, maybe skip it altogether. I was excited to see the gorillas, and for some reason there were only two to see, even though a poster showed the troop to have five members. 



This is the crowd watching the sleepy gorilla.


Empty outdoor enclosure.


I think £50 for the three of us ($80) is too much.





Hog nosed turtle, I want one!



This is the spot where Harry Potter chatted with the Burmese python!


We saw two sleepy lions.


My friend Andrea told me the Whipsnade Zoo is better...




2 comments:

  1. you have an apple tree? yahoooooo. And i just noticed those Gorillas all have Swahili names! lol miss yah xoxo ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my sweet Ivy! Yes, we are in love with our apple tree! How about that Swahili, I didn't know :)
    Lots of love and hugs to you. xoxox!

    ReplyDelete